When a person is exercising their heart beats faster and when your heart bets faster its pumps more blood this supplies more glucose and oxygen this is shown that the person exercising increases
– There BREATHING RATE. This is because there more aerobic respiration.
– INCRE HEART RATE
– INCREASE IN DEPTH BRETAHING so you can pump more blood to the muscles and therefore supply more glucose and oxygen.
In the muscles the person is exercising so there is high glucose and oxygen supply. In the muscle there are 2 chemicals glucose and glycogen.
There’s 2 ways the muscle can get its glucose
1. Is by increase heart rate so more blood pumping glucose around the body into the muscle.
2. Also supply of glucose in the muscle that stored as the substance called glycogen
-Glycogen are lots of glucose joined up together and its stored in that big form
– but when the body starts exercising the glycogen gets broken down into individual glucose units and it gets involved in respiration.
- Respiration happens only to provide energy.
- There 2 kinds of respiration.
1. Aerobic respiration with oxygen.
2. Anaerobic respiration without oxygen.
I will be first talking about AREOBIC RESPIRATION
- Happens continuously.
- Happens in all living things even in plant since they take energy from glucose.
– Respiration happens in the mitochondria.
-Plants also have mitochondria
– majority of the aerobic respiration happens in the mitochondria
– we use glucose and oxygen this enters the cell 2 products are made carbon dioxide and energy.
– Energy can be used for anything.
work equation for aerobic respiration
GLUCSE + OXYGEN = CARBON DIXOIDE + WATER + ENERGY
ENERGY from respiration is used for 4 things.
1- To join up molecules to make big substance. e.g amino acid builds for protein by using energy.
2- for movement, energy used for respiration is used to contract the muscle
3- in birds and mammals it produces heat and keep their body temperature to 37
4- plant use respiration to take sugar nitrate and a few other nutrience and build it up into amino acid and amino acids builds protein and protein can be used for lots things.
All living things are made up of cells. The structures of different types of cells are related to their functions.
All cells have the same 5 feature:
– CELL MEMBRANE- controls what goes in and out of cells
– CYTOPLASM- A gel like substance all the chemical reaction happen here.
– NUCLEUS- controls all the activity of the cell and contain genetic information that can make a new organism.
– RIBOSOME – where protein synthesis occurs from amino acids.
– MITOCHONDRIA- produces energy from respiration.
Plant cells contain extra features like:
-Chloroplast: contain green pigment called chlorophyll which absorb sunlight.
– Permanent Vacuole- contains cell sap a weak solution of salts and sugars.
-Cell Wall- rigid outer layer provides strength and support for the cell.