- Respiration happens only to provide energy.
- There 2 kinds of respiration.
1. Aerobic respiration with oxygen.
2. Anaerobic respiration without oxygen.
I will be first talking about AREOBIC RESPIRATION
- Happens continuously.
- Happens in all living things even in plant since they take energy from glucose.
– Respiration happens in the mitochondria.
-Plants also have mitochondria
– majority of the aerobic respiration happens in the mitochondria
– we use glucose and oxygen this enters the cell 2 products are made carbon dioxide and energy.
– Energy can be used for anything.
work equation for aerobic respiration
GLUCSE + OXYGEN = CARBON DIXOIDE + WATER + ENERGY
ENERGY from respiration is used for 4 things.
1- To join up molecules to make big substance. e.g amino acid builds for protein by using energy.
2- for movement, energy used for respiration is used to contract the muscle
3- in birds and mammals it produces heat and keep their body temperature to 37
4- plant use respiration to take sugar nitrate and a few other nutrience and build it up into amino acid and amino acids builds protein and protein can be used for lots things.