All living things are made up of cells. The structures of different types of cells are related to their functions.
All cells have the same 5 feature:
– CELL MEMBRANE- controls what goes in and out of cells
– CYTOPLASM- A gel like substance all the chemical reaction happen here.
– NUCLEUS- controls all the activity of the cell and contain genetic information that can make a new organism.
– RIBOSOME – where protein synthesis occurs from amino acids.
– MITOCHONDRIA- produces energy from respiration.
Plant cells contain extra features like:
-Chloroplast: contain green pigment called chlorophyll which absorb sunlight.
– Permanent Vacuole- contains cell sap a weak solution of salts and sugars.
-Cell Wall- rigid outer layer provides strength and support for the cell.